We're big fans of Adam Gray and he has been a supporter of The Ethical Butcher since the beginning as he is known for producing modern British food to an exceptional standard.
Adam has very generously shared a few of his personal recipes with us with a focus on lamb and some of the cuts we're offering in our lamb box, this classic kofta is one for the BBQ with an accompanying cool cucumber and yoghurt salad.
800g Minced lamb
150g Red onion - finely chopped
2 Large cloves of garlic – finely chopped
30g Curly parsley - finely chopped
1 Red chilli - deseeded and finely chopped
1½ tsp Ground cinnamon
1½ tsp Ground mixed spice
¾ tsp Ground nutmeg
1½ tsp ground black pepper
1½ tsp salt
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and thoroughly mix with your hands.
- Weigh the lamb mixture into 120g pieces and shape into torpedo shapes and chill.
- Skewer each lamb torpedo with a bamboo stick and chill until needed.
- Cook on a hot barbecue or griddle pan.
½ Bunch of fresh mint – leaves removed from the stems
50g Low fat natural yoghurt
50g British rapeseed oil
- Peel the cucumber into fine strips with a peeler and place in a bowl. Discard the middle seeded part.
- Finely chop the mint leaves and mix with the natural yoghurt and the rapeseed oil
- Season the yoghurt mixture with salt and pepper.
- Coat the cucumber strips in the minted yoghurt