Pork belly strips with salsa verde
15 minutes to make
25 minutes to cook
300g new potatoes
2tbsp olive oil
8 pork belly strips
2tsp flakey sea salt
plenty of freshly ground black pepper
handful of thyme sprigs, leaves stripped
for the salsa verde
small bunch each mint and basil leaves
big bunch parsley
2tbsp capers, rinsed
6-8 anchovy fillets
75-100ml olive oil
lemon juice to taste
- Heat the oven to 220c. fan 200.
- Put the potatoes in a pan of cold salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minute then drain. Tip them into a large roasting tin, crush with a mug or glass to flatten and drizzle with the oil roast for 15 minutes.
- Mix the salt with plenty of pepper and thyme and a small splash of water and press onto the outside of the pork belly strips. Put them into the roasting tin on top of the potatoes and return to the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the herbs as finely as possible and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Add a small splash of water to loosen if necessary.
- Serve the pork belly strips with the new potatoes and the salsa verde.