We're big fans of Adam Gray and he has been a supporter of The Ethical Butcher since the beginning as he is known for producing modern British food to an exceptional standard.
Adam has very generously shared a few of his personal recipes with us with a focus on lamb and some of the cuts we're offering in our lamb box, if you like a bit of spice this one is a winner, if the indicated amount of spice is used this one is medium heat but can be adjusted to taste.!
100ml British rapeseed oil
1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
1 Red onion - finely chopped
15g Fresh ginger – peeled and finely chopped
12 Cloves garlic – peeled and crushed
400g Lamb neck fillet cut into 3-4 cm sized pieces
2 Teaspoons hot madras curry powder
400g Tinned chopped tomatoes
500Ml Lamb stock from stock cubes
125ml natural yoghurt
300g Bay spinach leaves – washed
- Heat a thick bottomed saucepan to a medium heat, add the cumin seeds and madras curry powder and cook for one minute.
- Add the rapeseed oil to the saucepan and add the chopped onion and fry until translucent
- Add ginger and garlic, gently fry until light brown
- Add the diced neck of lamb and fry for 10-15 minutes, stirring so that all the lamb has been sealed’
- Add tinned tomatoes and the lamb stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Stir in the natural yoghurt.
- Add the baby spinach leaves
Serve the lamb Palak with steamed or pilaff rice